This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with J-SDATA output table
20-06-2019, 01:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-06-2019, 03:01 PM by shaswin.)
Issue with J-SDATA output table
Affected version: Ple4Win professional v4.6.0

The MaxRot is not filled correctly in row 1 of the J-SDATA table.

[attachment=969]

[attachment=970]

I don't know why it is 18.3 degrees. I thought it should be 27.43 degrees according to the JOINTS input table.

It gives an error E330/9:
[attachment=971]

I have attached the Ple4Win project file.

Is this a bug?

To solve this issue you have to increase for example x-C and x-T from 105 mm to for example 420 mm. Is this normal?

[attachment=973]
20-06-2019, 05:21 PM,
RE: Issue with J-SDATA output table
In general the joint calculations done in DF3.3 are a bit more complex than they may seem.

With socket-spigot joints (or sleeves joints) with stops, the maximum rotation possible is determined by two limits: The maximum rotation given in the JOINTS table and the maximum rotation possible due to the fact that there are two pipes inside each other at such a joint. If there is a rotation the two pipes rotate in respect to each other and one of the pipes may hit a stop. Hitting that stop prevents the rotation angle to increase. With such joints without a stop the pipe would start to leak.

This also explains why increasing x-C and x-T helps, now the given maximum rotation can be reached without hitting any stops.

So it's not a bug but actually a useful feature. It warns the user that the mechanical design of the joint is not sufficient for an initial stress-free situation.
21-06-2019, 01:45 PM,
RE: Issue with J-SDATA output table
Thanks Jens, I have fixed it.