This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowercase identnames in Idents list
16-01-2020, 11:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 16-01-2020, 11:55 AM by shaswin.)
Lowercase identnames in Idents list
Hello,

I have seen that Ple4Win changed the way how Identlists are presented during the same build number.

The current build is from Ple4Win Professional v4.6.0 build 19050 is from May 13th 2019.

See screenshot below from November 2019:

The actual screenshot is from today on 6 January 2020:

The idents from the output table of DF2 are now always in lowercase letters.

Is it somehow been been autoupdated?

The identlist from November 2019 is better, because it contains the user-defined capital letters inside the identname.
Why is this all changed to lowercase, because it gives more confusion?
16-01-2020, 12:30 PM,
RE: Lowercase identnames in Idents list
This behaviour is unknown to us, there is no functionality to convert idents to lower case.
Could you please check the input tables as well, maybe somehow the idents were converted to lower case prior to importing?
16-01-2020, 12:31 PM,
If you have a project where the casing in the input tables is upper case and it is lower in the output tables, please sent it to us.
16-01-2020, 12:33 PM,
By the way, there was no "auto-update" of the Ple4Win program. This functionality is not present (yet), if implemented it would never be without confirmation of the user, and also the version number (revision) and the compilation date would change.
17-01-2020, 05:36 AM,
Dr. J Foerster Wrote:This behaviour is unknown to us, there is no functionality to convert idents to lower case.
Could you please check the input tables as well, maybe somehow the idents were converted to lower case prior to importing?

In both files the input tables are (n POLYDIF) are in uppercases. I will sent the project files by e-mail.
17-01-2020, 11:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-01-2020, 12:03 PM by Dr. J Foerster.)
Thank you for the files, these were a great help.

I was able to confirm the issue, at least in part...
From what I can see now there seems to be a bug in using the data provided in the W-LEVEL table. If you do import all DF2 input tables except the W-LEVEL table, the idents remain upper case.

We will look further into this, I assigned ticket no J-2357 to this.

What I can not confirm yet is that the behaviour changed between November 2019 and January 2020. There is no explanation for this as the program has not been changed and the month or year do not play a role during calculations.
Did something else change on your computer? Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? That still should not influence the calculations... Strange...
18-01-2020, 06:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 20-01-2020, 06:17 PM by Dr. J Foerster. Edit Reason: Unnecessary quote removed )
Thanks for confirming the bug. From my knowledge nothing big has changed on my computer.
I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909 on my laptop. Between November 2019 and January 2020 patch Tuesday of December 2019 was installed for Windows 10 version 1909.

By the way Windows 7 is not supported anymore by Microsoft after the 14th of January 2020.

I am seeing on the https://www.ple4win.nl/downloads/ website that Windows 7 is still being supported by Ple4Win. Maybe it will change after the next Ple4Win release Wink.
20-01-2020, 06:16 PM,
(18-01-2020, 06:09 AM)shaswin Wrote: By the way Windows 7 is not supported anymore by Microsoft after the 14th of January 2020.
I am seeing on the https://www.ple4win.nl/downloads/ website that Windows 7 is still being supported by Ple4Win. Maybe it will change after the next Ple4Win release Wink.

The website has been updated in the meantime Cool , the system requirements have changed and a news-item about Ple4Win and Windows 7 has been added.